Langtry Manor Hotel is a grade 2 listed building and this certainly offers challenges when trying to reduce our environmental impact.
Whilst maintaining a high level of guest comfort and choice, we try to reduce our environmental impacts and Carbon Footprint by the following actions -
- We have installed energy saving light bulbs such as LED, compact fluorescents and lighting controls where suitable.
- We encourage staff and guests to switch unnecessary lights and eqipment off when not in use.
- Thermostatic radiator valves are fitted to suitable radiators.
- We use heavy curtains to reduce heat loss from the windows.
- When equipment is replaced we try to purchase the most energy efficient models affordable.
- We encourage guests to only request towel changes when needed.
- we recycle cardboad, paper, glass and used cooking oil.
- We encourage guests and staff to cycle to the hotel and have provided a secure bicycle rack.
- We have had a water system installed so that we can bottle our own still and sparkling water for guests.
- Where possible we source food and products locally.